NB Quo Vadis

NB Quo Vadis

Friday 3 June 2011

Flaming June?

On 25th, Jody is off to Prague to play keyboard with the Robert Smyth School Jazz Band, so it gives Liz and I a chance to go cruising for the very first time on our own boat ... I can't wait :o)
I'm sure we've much to learn, as previous cruises were simply turn up, get the boat from the hire company, then give it back a week later. This may require a bit more planning and foresight, but we have no destination planned, so no tricky deadlines. If we only go 20 miles in the whole week, I'll be perfectly happy just to be on the water with Liz.
For some time now, I have been struggling with a gammy left knee which has severely hampered my DIY aspirations (well any aspirations really) but it was definitely showing signs of improvement .... until yesterday that is!
I have never considered haircuts dangerous other than the possibility of minor blood loss, however, whilst carefully stepping into the chair yesterday, my good leg slipped on some hair clippings, allowing my dodgy knee to twist ! The pain was off the scale, and I was "down the tunnel" for a second or two, but I just had to sit there and have my hair cut. 
Don't remember much about getting back to the car, but I know it took a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment