NB Quo Vadis

NB Quo Vadis

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Watermark

This evening marked a landmark (watermark?) in our narrowboating career. Liz, Jody, Paul, Karen and I cruised down to Foxton Locks,  moored up right outside the Inn, then went in for a meal.


Liz is merely "tasting"my beer, hers is the J2O
We sat on the Veranda, right next to our very own boat, it made me very proud and happy. I could never have dreamed that this would be possible.
The evening even had drama. A hire boat exited the bottom lock and headed, full steam ahead for the swing bridge. Despite much swirling, churning and engine revving, it failed to make the turn and T-Boned a moored boat (the long cream boat in the top picture - NB MEY). I accidentally side-swiped a moored boat once up at Welford, and it was not fun, very embarrassing, but I went back to apologise, and luckily there was nothing broken apart from a dent in my pride. This however was a big hit and I'm pretty sure that anything not nailed down would have ended up on the floor. I hope nothing got broken. 
We pottered slowly back to Debdale and moored up without incident, then just chatted until darkness fell .... a wonderful way to spend one's time. Next time we'll get the guitars out and add a sing-song, Paul insists that we should learn and play "Tales of the Riverbank" :o)
Only minor downside was a growing squeal from the engine alternator belt, which I know is a tad loose, and on it's way out (adjuster at max). We have a spare, and, knee permitting I'll have to change it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment