NB Quo Vadis

NB Quo Vadis

Tuesday 31 May 2011

May - the month that never was

As I sit here writing this on May 31st, I have to wonder ..... Where did May go?
Apart from flying visits to Quo to asuage our temporary paranoia about water leaks, we have done nothing boaty at all this month. I have a feeling that the weather may have played a part here, as strong wind and Quo Vadis do not make for carefree narrowboating.
Tell a lie, last Sunday, we took in Crick boat show (by car!), but besides buying a barometer we were otherwise untempted by the displays of solar panels and cassette toilets etc etc. Methinks Crick show is for those fortunate enough to be having a boat built from scratch, in which case you could fill your boots.
Highlight of the show for me, and the only reason I got tickets in the first place was the music. Nancy Kerr (very pregnant*) and James Fagan were superb, and the Herron brothers were pretty good too.
* I couldn't help musing about Nancy's baby, even before it is born, it has been surrounded by beautiful music and will grow up steeped in a musical tradition, which I'm sure he or she will continue. As a 58 year old wannabe guitarist with little talent, I profess to a small amount of envy :o)
Hopefully June will see a drop in wind speed, as we are off on our first long cruise on the 25th, probably down or up the Oxford. Up until then, we'll just be honing the boat ready for the trip, finishing laying the new tiles & carpet, checking the engine, topping up the diesel and, if time and climate allow, sorting the water tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment