NB Quo Vadis

NB Quo Vadis

Sunday 22 April 2012

The Wow factor.

This weekend was certainly memorable, for all the right reasons. Jody was off in Paris with the Robert Smyth Academy choir, including a really cool gig in EuroDisney. His Facebook messages told us he was having a fantastic time so we were able to relax and just miss him without worrying.
Saturday morning was window shopping for a new kitchen that will be needed in the near fuure, then in the afternoon I did a reservoir tour on my motorbike to see how the water levels are looking (well that was my excuse :o) )
Welford - up about 3 feet, still being back-pumped.
Saddington, also up about 3 feet.











The afternoon was BRILLIANT, as eldest son James ... bless 'im ... offered me the use of his Air Miles for us both to attend  Frets and Refrains  in upstate New York, a once-in-a-lifetime chance featuring our mutual guitar hero Richard Thompson !!!! I still can't quite believe it, and my mouth is often open at the thought!!

The day was rounded out by a visit to the Merry Tom Folk Festival with Bob Whale at the George in Brixworth featuring "Musical Roots". A very enjoyable evening was had, and Bob and I took several tips and song suggestions for use with  "Curate Zegg" when we next perform in May.

Sunday just HAD to be a boating day, and so it proved. "Never mind the weather" we said as we chugged out of the marina. Although we wanted to turn left, the wind and a moored boat forced me to go right then wind just past the bridge to head back for Saddington Reservoir feeder, our target for a lunchtime mooring. The weather, although windy, was very invigorating and everything looked lovely.






 








We made it to the feeder, reversed in and moored just as the first of the rain arrived ... pretty much spot-on timing. 



Liz had prepared our lunch of Beef Bourguignon, and we sat all warm and cozy, eating delicious food, watching the telly and listening to the rainfall pitter-pattering on the roof ..... perfect!

Our luck held as we picked exactly the right time to leave too ... the wind dropped and patchy sunshine returned just as we pulled the pins.

We were being followed by a big black cloud, so I put on the full wet-weather gear .... luckily as it turned-out, as we were hit with hail and very heavy rain just as we arrived back at the marina.



I don't think I've ever been outside in so much WET before, but my coat and over-trousers were up to the job and I actually really enjoyed it.  WOW !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment